Translate

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Whom Then Shall I Fear?

So I should tell you. I know what God wants to do in me this summer. He wants to heal me from my fears. Fears of failure. Fears of rejection. Fears that are debilitating. Ones that keep me from trying.

And to do that, I will be put in all kinds of uncomfortable situations. Over and over again, I'm going to want to run away, shut down, cry, etc. But God is stronger. And because I learned this year that it's better not to shoulder everything alone, I am eliciting your prayers. Whenever you think of me, send up a prayer. Ask my Daddy to protect me and comfort me in whatever it is I am doing. Ask that he gives me peace. Ask that he do whatever he need to in order to change my life.

This is going to be a hell of a summer/winter. It will hurt, and I know it. But it will be good. Hey! It's kinda like a winter/summer metaphor. There will be times of brightness and warmth, where everything is wonderful. And there will be times of darkness and isolation, where I feel cold and alone.


It's a winter of a summer. But I know that God will give me the strength I need to push through. Easier said than done though, right?

But it's okay. It's always okay. I have a big God.

No comments: