Translate

Monday, August 15, 2011

Trust

Today I was reading a news article that made me think of a friend's sad tale. Then in the middle of it, I stopped and thought, "What if everything he told me is a lie?" It certainly wouldn't be the first time.. In fact, I am known to buy any tale because I choose to believe the best in people. Why would they lie?

I realized I am more hurt than I ever thought I was. The injury inflicted on my heart, soul, and ego are more that I would have dared to imagine. Sure, there are days that I'm fine. There are days when I don't think about it. And life goes on. But then there are days when it hits me. Like the air has been knocked out of me and I struggle for something to hold onto so I don't crumple to the floor. Days like this one where everything begins to spins around me and I forget who I can trust.

It sucks. And it's scary. And it makes me want to cry. And it brings me back to the one question that I just need to be okay without an answer to: "If you loved me, why did you lie?"

No comments: