Translate

Friday, June 28, 2013

Que No Se Apague el Fuego

I apologize for not having had time to write a blog about last week's trip! I'll post it now. The first two days of my very first trip as trip leader were DIFFICULT. I wanted to cry. Everything was so complicated, I was facing so much spiritual attack, and I felt so alone. But Sunday night, we prayed against all that and for God to bond us all together and move during the week. And move, He did.

Highlights from Quepos (June 15-22)

  • Seeing the group finish building 2 classrooms and then watching them being put to use
  • Our driver (who was the church worship leader) teaching us the choruses to the songs they were going to sing on Wednesday night.. and then hearing the group members practicing them in Spanish.
  • Getting a new family at the church, and more specifically, our driver and his son.

Praise God:
  • For the many people who came to Christ last week as a result of the group leader's preaching
  • For the relationships formed between the group and their homestay family and church members
  • For the moment of stillness and peace shared with me on a hectic/stressful day
  • That He is in control, even when I've completely lost it
  • For the possibility of a long-term partnership between Harrodsburg Christian Church and Iglesia Hosanna in Quepos, Costa Rica.
Pray for:
  • The relationships formed to continue
  • That Iglesia Hosanna will continue to grow and bless their community
  • My new family there: Marlon and Jhonner, that God would bless their giving


It was a crazy first week, but I had to start somewhere, right? Don't worry, this week was much more tranquila. :) More on that tomorrow!

Chau!

P.S. "Que no se apague el fuego" means "May the fire never die out." Can I get an Amen?!

P.P.S. This week's trip journal can be found here.

No comments: