Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Worst Blogger Ever.

So I was a LOT busier than I anticipated these last few weeks. It was CRAZY. So I'm just now getting to each of the trips I led. And other thoughts. So you may have like 4 blogs coming at you this week. Or today. Ouch.

But ok. Here we go. My second week was SO healing and encouraging. I actually was placed with two ATLs who were not around the first week. So they had no idea of the stresses and overall blegh-ness that was experienced then. I had to fresh ATLs who were an absolute God send in the ways they encouraged and supported me that week. I was so blessed and was able to just let the previous week melt away. God is good.

Highlights from San Fernando (June 22-29)

  • The group was a bunch of hardcore workers who laid the floor of an entire church, as well as started a sidewalk on one side. ALSO, at the school site, they extended the cement for the soccer field, painted a classroom, and took down the roof of an eating area that was being changed.
  • My BIRTHDAY. Well, kind of. I went ziplining, but then came back to a stressful situation.
  • Even though there were lots of bumps on the road, my ATLs and I figured everything out and worked together to make everything work. 
  • Getting to know the host pastor and his family, who are WONDERFUL.

Praise God:
  • For the amount of work that was accomplished!
  • For the roof that is going to be donated to the school because of the extension of cement that was laid.
  • For the youth that showed up to help work, even though they weren't members of the church.
  • Gaining confidence in my position as trip leader.

Pray for:
  • The relationships formed in San Fernando to continue
  • That Ministerio Casa del Nuevo Pacto continues to be a beacon of light in their community
  • The bus drivers to come to know Christ's saving power


Also, Trip Journal.

No comments: