Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Profundo

The word profundo in Spanish means deep. Interesting, right? Cuz it sounds like profound? I love language. It's so cool like that.

But anyways, week 3 was deep. And profound. Again, with a lot of bumps, but as always, God's grace and goodness wins out.

This week was just COATED in prayer. This team came in and they just got it. So we were able to spend a significant amount of time in prayer. In fact, on our first day in Nicoya, I felt like we needed to push back our orientation meeting and just spend some time covering the week and each other in prayer. It was awesome and Spirit-filled and cool.

I actually got to play translator a lot this week, which was cool. And intense. And strange for me. I mean, I got to be a part of really cool conversations about the Gospel and was a part of leading people to Christ. That was the cool part. The intense part was the fact that I had to make sure I was conveying correct information! That's such important stuff that I didn't want to be wrong! And the strange part was that even though I was involved in these conversations, I wasn't really part of these conversations. They weren't really my words or ideas; nor were they really my relationships. Hence the odd part. But it was cool nonetheless.

Highlights from Caimital (June 29- July 6)

  • Chile pepper eating/everyone's differing reactions
  • Getting to translate
  • GOD MOVED

Praise God:
  • For the handful of people who came to know Christ as a result of intentional conversations
  • For the relationships formed between the group and community members
  • For giving me the ears to listen to the Spirit's leading
  • For prayer and the power that it has
  • For the possibility of a return trip from Bethel Baptist Church to Caimital, Costa Rica, to focus on women's ministry
Pray for:
  • The relationships formed to continue
  • The community of Caimital to really come to know Jesus and his saving power
  • The Iglesia Rosa de Saron to be a light to those who are seeking in that community.

1 comment:

LJ said...

"Amen" God is good. I am pleased to hear His presence was so evident and that His Spirit blessed and refreshed you, the team and the people you went to serve.
You are missed. I miss our times of you personally sharing your challenges of growing and stretching. I pray that during this time God will continue to show you who He has created you to be and in the ways you should go. Love, hugs and kisses from Mom.