Translate

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lost.. in Wonder

I really need to learn how to get from the airport to the 27 freeway in Costa Rica. I've failed twice now. This time I guessed which way to go. I was going the wrong way, but I saw a sign for the town I wanted on a pass above me, so I made a few loops and headed that direction. That road took me around and down... and then up.. and I saw a sign for a town that I'd heard of, so I figured I was safe. And let me tell you, Atenas is REALLY pretty. I would totally live there. Then I passed through a few other towns.. I didn't know the names.. I didn't know which road I was on, but I knew that at some point, it would take me where I wanted to go. Then the houses thinned.. and I started to climb a mountain. Then I realized I was in the clouds/fog. And I wanted to stop and take a picture, but there was no where to pull over! For the next 40 minutes, I was in awe of the wonder around me. God made ALL of that! At first I was little sad that I couldn't really share it with anyone, but then I realized I had the BEST person to share it with! I didn't care that I had no idea where I was. I knew I would get where I was going eventually. It was also nice to not be in a hurry or have any schedule at all. I kept trying to relate to faith, but I didn't want to get distracted while driving those tight mountain curves. The best I could come up with is that I'm headed in the right direction. I trust I'll get to where I'm supposed to be eventually, but I don't want to miss everything that's around me right now. God has crafted everything (and everyone!) perfectly. I want to see the beauty in it all. I don't want to take a moment for granted. I've been praying that I would learn to enjoy the Lord, and I'm getting there. Little glimpses like getting lost today help remind me to get lost in my Savior every now and then. It's totally worth it.


(PS. I'm writing this from my intended location. No worries!)


This doesn't even capture any of it...
I seriously wish you could have been there. 

No comments: