Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Lord's Prayer.

A few years ago, my small group and I decided that each of us would rewrite the Lord's prayer in our own words. It was a pretty cool exercise and interesting to hear those prayers through the filters of our individual lives. I want to challenge you to dissect that prayer and see what it means for you. Too often we pray it routinely, but forget to MEAN it. And if we don't mean it, what good is our prayer?

So.. that being said, here's mine:

Abba Father, Daddy God
You are so so big and so so good!
You deserve all of my adoration all of my days.
I want to see you move
In my, through me, all around me and all throughout the world.
May you get the glory in everything I do;
It is your name I want to make known.
Father, fill me with your love today
so that others may feel your love through me.
Teach me and provide for me, even in ways that I may not recognize.
Search my heart and show me where I fall short.
Keep me humble to admit my mistakes and to forgive those who've hurt or wronged me.
Protect my heart, mind, and body from satan's tricks in whatever ways he may attack.
I want nothing to keep me from you!
You alone, and no one else, deserve all honor, glory, power and praise.
In your name,
Let it be!

No comments: