Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I am a sinner.

I have been confronted recently about how much I think of me. Everything revolves around me- what I do, what I think, who does or doesn't love me. Ugh. I am selfish, proud and impatient. If it doesn't concern me, I don't care.

That's disgusting and awful. And you know the worst part? I can't even grasp how true it is.

But God sees me through a rose-colored lens, well.. maybe it's more like blood-colored. Sure, he sees the not so pretty parts, but I am not condemned for my sins because Christ's blood covers me. And he is working in me to make me look more like him. That's why I can see these patterns. We're going to work on them together.

But in my pride and selfishness, I have a need for control. There are parts of me that maybe I still haven't given over completely to my Maker and my Healer. That's a scary thought. I want him to have all of me, but I don't know how to let go. And if I don't let go, can he do the work in me that he wants to do?

I am a sinner
If it's not one thing, it's another
Caught up in words, tangled in lies
But you are a Savior and you take brokenness aside
And make it beautiful
Beautiful



Lord, help me to surrender my all to you. All the broken and hurting place that I've kept for myself. Take all my fears, take all my dreams. Fill the void with you. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your words and the song. I now have All Sons and Daughters playlist going at work :) It's a good day! ~Erin