Translate

Thursday, November 20, 2014

What's New?

Sooo... if you haven't really been involved in my life recently.. Surprise! I moved to Ohio!

I definitely meant to update my blog sooner, but sometimes life just gets in the way, you know? (That and it is no longer part of my job description.)

Oh. And I don't work for Praying Pelican anymore either.

God is nuts. This world is crazy. But that's okay.


I had maybe one of the worst summers of my life. One of those weeks was definitely the worst week of my life. And I came home early. And then to top it off, I was jobless at the end of August. But strangely enough, I had so much peace. I knew people were praying for me. Even though everything sucked, I trusted that God had something else in mind.

So I left. I moved to Columbus, Ohio, to help my former Jr. High pastors, Steve and Katie, plant RiverNorth Church. I got a job at a tea shop, and I live with Katie's mom.


And it had been good. God is working here in ways we would never have imagined, but ways so evident that we can see his fingerprints all over it.

I don't think of my job as "work." I think of it as ministry. Because never before have I had so much opportunity to share my faith and who God is and the reason I came. I have never before prayed more consistently for the same exact things. I am learning to intercede on behalf of others and step out in boldness. Goodness, within the first 30 seconds of meeting me, most people will know where I stand. California girl moved to Ohio. Why? Well let me tell you...


Romans 8:28. Everything for good.

No comments: