Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First Meeting

So I met my host mom on the 1st. I was really nervous at first, and it took me forever to find the little house that was tucked away BEHIND two other houses... haha, but it turned out to be a good time. Her future son-in-law, Benjamin, was there, and he talked with my friend Allie who came with me. I felt bad that Juanita couldn't understand their English conversations, so I often leaned over to tell her was they were talking about. And sometimes, I let Allie in on what was being said in Spanish, although she didn't do too badly at understanding what was going on. But Ben and Juanita said that for me to be able to translate both ways like I did, I had to be really good and know what I was doing! That made me SOOO happy!
In other news, I move in in 4 days. Wow, that's soon; I didn't realize I had that little time left! I found ot today that im going to have to leave around 7:45 every monday and wednesday in order to get to class by 9. That'll suck, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Prayer requests: Still public transportation and that I'll get accustomed to it quickly. Also, I'm applying to be an Alpha Coordinator at school for next year, but it will require that I leave LA more than the allowed 3 times, and that will also mean that I won't get to visit friends like I wanted to. So I'd apreciate some prayer about that whole situation, that it would work out according to God's plan and that I won't continue to worry about it.
Thanks so much!
Til next time,
TJ

No comments: