Translate

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

orientation

Today was our first day of orientation. Lydia and I were away from the house for over 10 hours. Talk about a long day. I found out I have to redo my resume which, after much encouragement today, I realized won't be all that bad without my high school experience. The most taxing part of the day, though, was the public transit scavenger hunt. It was 4 hours of mostly walking, and my feet hurt so badly! But our scavenger hunt led us to USC, so we got to walk around there, and I met up with my friend Nick from high school. He showed us the library that we would have had a hard time finding without his help. After USC, we went pretty much across the street to Exposition Park, which is a lot of museums. It might be cool to go back there and check it out when I have some free time. That's it for today. More to come later.
Prayer stuff: I'd still appreciate prayer for the whole resume and internship application process. And speaking of application processes, continued prayer for the AC application process would be lovely. Today I started to feel very homesick/APU sick. I miss everyone dearly. Almost to the point of tears. I have friends here, but no one to connect with deeply yet. And if you care enough about to read this blog, you probably know that I don't open myself up to people very quickly. So definitely pray for that. I love you all. And I miss you.
In Christ,
Tracy

No comments: