Translate

Friday, March 13, 2009

blah.

So I've had plenty of chances to update, but I've been very lazy. And I'm sick of just writing about what I've done and not what I've been thinking and struggling with. So I'll write a quick overview of what I've done and come back to write my issues later. I just need to have another entry for class. We're checking journals today. This is mine. So Wednesday in class, we pretty much did nothing. Like really. Nothing. We were all on Facebook and random websites. Wednesday night we did small worship at Brianna and Bethel's and then Alicia told her life story. I'm glad I know her a little better now. Then we did karaoke! It was amazingly fun! Then on the way home, on the bus, some cute guy got on and Lydia made some comment. Then she asked me if I thought he was tall enough. I said he was probably about the right size. And she jokingly said "the right size.. if you know what I mean!" And I said "Ew." And then the lady in front of us turned around and looked at us and I was really embarrassed. Then she laughed and asked if we wanted to see a picture of her boyfriend. We said sure. She got out her cell phone and when we looked down at teh picture, we realized it was a penis! We were so shocked. We had to hold in our laughter until after she got off the bus, but OH MY GOSH. It was gross. But the situation was hilarious. Thursday was internship. Same ole, same ole. Friday we went to the Midnight Mission and served food to the homeless. Cool, right? Except I was the only one they didn't have a job for, so I just stood around wondering why I was there. To this day, I don't know. Then I was off to APU for the weekend! Yay! I had my Alpha returner interview, then we dressed up and went to Victoria Gardens for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Delish. Then Saturday we went to Venice Beach. I really wanted to get my nose pierced, but all the places were really expensive. But I'm going to do it before I leave LA. I'm determined. Sunday, Allie and I went to the Spanish service at Grace. It was amazing. I'm totally planning on going every week when I get back. That night I was afraid of how it would be to see everyone again. To find out whether or not I had been missed, to see if I still had a place. It was reaffirming to find out positive answers to those questions. I was really angry with Pastor Gene's talk though. I'll come back to this later and write about it, because class is starting soon and I need to be there. Monday we went to immigration court, which ended up being really boring, but I did find out that they are treated less than human, being reduced to case numbers and "the female." Tuesday was internship again. I arrived and I guess Mia and Heili were in a meeting, so there was no one there for me to ask if there was something I could be doing. So I read for 45 minutes. Wonderful. But I was busy the rest of the day. OK, I'm gonna go to class, so I will come back to this later!
Chau Chau!

No comments: