Translate

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blessed.

Sunday I learned that a friend for whom I had been praying for 3 years finally desires a relationship with Jesus! God is so good. And that same night, both my home church in Glendora and my new church here in Rosario sang Mighty to Save. I picture us singing it at the same time, though I know we were a few hours apart. Kinda cool to think about: two bodies, two languages, yet one song, and one Lord.

Monday when I went to Maranata, I learned that one of the women, Eugenia, left the program. Please be in prayer for her, that she will find the strength to return and seek the help she needs. But also that day, I had brought my gloves with me, anticipating that I would need them since it was cold and rainy outside. While chatting with Beatriz, I learned that they got to go for a trip to the costal part of Rosario, to the park there, but it was cold for her. She doesn't own a scarf or gloves. And one of the other women told me last week that it often gets cold in the house. Before I left, I reach for my gloves in my pocket and decided I didn't need them. I had used them maybe once the whole time I owned them. I decided to give them to Beatriz. I'm not sure what she thought of the small gift, but it was from the heart.

In other news, the World Cup is in full swing, and I went to a watching party on Saturday to see Argentina beat Nigeria. It's been kinda fun keeping track of who wins which games and writing down the scores. I like the excitement in the air. I really would like to buy an Argentina jersey. That'd be cool. I'm excited for our next game; however, I am very NOT excited to get up at 6am to watch it. Oh well, such is life. :)

I'm cold now. I'm going to go stand by the little source heater. Chau, mi amigos!

No comments: