Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good Times.

Guess I should update again, since the last time I wrote was a week ago, and it was a short depressing tale. I was homesick that day. Martin took me to see Toy Story 3 that night, and laughing at (and understanding the dubbed version of) the movie made me feel much better. Friday night, some of the girls from church came over for dinner. We ate raviolones (big raviolis. because normally, they are small). and ended up watching destino final 3 (final destination 3). That movie. is terrible. But I couldn't stop watching! The tanning bed deaths were by far the most gruesome for me. ew. ew. ew. ew. Then at midnight they sang happy birthday to me and then everyone left. Saturday was my birthday! I didn't go out and do anything spectacular, but that's quite alright. USA was knocked out of the running for the World Cup. And it rained all day. Did I care? Not this time. Normally, I would think that facebook birthday comments don't count for anything cuz people only wished you happy birthday because they saw it posted somewhere. Saturday I didn't care. I felt so loved. People here and people at home wishing me the best. It made me happy. Then Saturday night we went to the young adults' group, which was combined with the adolescents this time. Afterwards we ate carne sandwiches and cake. And they sang happy birthday to me. I FOUND OUT THEY HAVE GLEE HERE!! My friend Ariel told me it starts up again soon. Apparently he has FOX. I didn't ask whether it was subtitled or dubbed, but I definitely want to see if I can watch it with him. Maybe I'll convince him to have a Glee party. :)

In other news, there's a slightly creepy friend that I have to spend time with because he gains me access to the university library and he's one of like.. two people here who speaks English. So he's vital for my projects. But he's creepy. So be in prayer for that obligation. BUT I going to have access to the library! So that's an answer to prayer! I just have to get in, make photocopies of everything (no copyright laws here) and get out. Also, today I will be starting Wednesdays at Maranata. I'm not leading anything, I'm just going to sit in on their therapy sessions. I was told it will be a little intense because they are working through their issues and conflicts. One of my own apprehensions is that I am unsure of whether the women will be okay with my being there. I don't want to "overstep my bounds" even though I've been given approval from the authorities. Pray for me today? As I do this for the first time? That'd be great.


Oh yea! And Argentina kicked serious Mexican butt on Sunday!! Martin got me a Messi jersey for my birthday, so I will get to wear that on Saturday for when we play Germany! Vamos Argentinaaa!!! (You should root for them, because they're the best.)



Over and out!

1 comment:

Caroline R said...

Phew, Tracy! What a relief to read this post! I really felt your pain in the previous one.

Put your heart into whatever is in front of you....and keep blogging, you ARE being read!

Caroline