Translate

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Still on Hold.

Again, yesterday they said we'd have 3 days before the floods hit us. This is kinda like that boy who cried wolf thing. I'm sick of it. But I guess it really is coming this time. I live on Ladprao soi 111 and I guess the waters have reached Ladprao soi 60. I've agreed to go with the director and other missionary. The plan is to relocate to Sukhumvit Road, downtown area of Bangkok, the heart of the city that the government is trying hardest to protect. She says to have a bag packed and she'll call me and we'll go stay at a hotel there and be free to move around in that area for a while. If it floods there, we'll head to the airport and fly to Phuket. I'd really just like to go to Phuket though..

In other news, I have my first official Thai lesson tonight. We don't really know what we're doing, so we'll see how that goes. I'm just excited to spend time with my friend and to learn a little bit more of the language.

That's it. Pray for the country to know how to deal with all this, for the government and the people. Pray for the health of those now living in contaminated water and for those who've chosen to evacuate. Pray that we at the church and school have wisdom in knowing how to provide for ourselves and each other. Pray that God remains our strength.

No comments: