Translate

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Part 2

I'm thankful for peace.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be in this place.
I'm thankful that God gave me a second chance.
I'm thankful that God gave me a third chance.
And a fourth chance.. and on and on..
I'm thankful for my family, who loves me even from far away.
I'm thankful for my friends in the US who have continued to support me even from far away.
I'm thankful for my friends here who have become my family.
I'm thankful for my new job because it provides me with an income.
I'm thankful for my new job because it is going to stretch me in ways I never imagined.
I'm thankful for the countless opportunities to show Christ to people through my actions and speech.
I'm so so thankful for all the hurt and pain that I've experienced because it has caused me to re-examine what is important in my life.
I'm thankful for all the hurt and pain that I've experienced because it has pushed me toward the Comforter and Healer of these pains.
I am thankful that God has delivered me from unhealthy relationships, that he has opened doors, that he has slammed doors shut.
I'm thankful that He knows so much better than I do.
I'm thankful for reminders that I am a frail human being and that I don't know everything (even though that some times sucks).
I am incredibly blessed in whatever circumstance because I have an intimate relationship with my Jesus who loves me. It is the most beautiful thing in the universe.. and there are a lot of beautiful things in the universe. My Jesus tops them all.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I thankful for friends like you, who despite their hurt turn to the Lord for comfort, strength, and wisdom. I'm proud of you and I love you very much. :)