Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Since Then

On Saturday, I met a lot of Jim's family. (Jim is the one marrying my sister.) I like them; I think they are a lot of fun. Sunday, my grandparents came to church with me. They aren't believers as far as I know. And they didn't say anything about the service or the message. I should have asked. Monday, I went to hang out with my friends from high school, Alvin, Guy and Sid, at UCLA. That was really good; I hadn't seen them in a long time. And we tried to get my nose pierced, but the places we went to both charged over $50. No, thank you. There are plenty of cheaper places. And I'm determined to make it happen before the end of semester. I have three weeks. It was good to catch up with them, though, to see how God is working/moving in their lives. Yesterday, I went to USC to have lunch with Nick Houchin, another high school friend. Ever since I found out that my used-to-be-best friend is getting married very soon, I realized I need to make more of an effort to keep in contact with the people who mattered. After lunch and a tour, I went to the Mormon Institute right near campus to check it out. I met Brother Stanley who gave me Mormonism 101 in an hour. It was interesting. I'm going to go back on Sunday for the service and to see if I can meet different people. (For those of you who don't know, I'm doing a project, not converting.)Today for class we went to a Buddhist meditation center and last week we went to a Hindu temple. I'm excited to be less ignorant of other people's cultures/religions, though they can be extremely confusing. I still can't wait for the end, though. We're pretty much halfway done with this class already, which means we're getting really close to the end of the semester. I'm ready.
In other news, Lydia and I talked a little bit. We're good for now. I'm still ready to go, though. Okie doke. I'm off to watch One Tree Hill!
:)
Tracy

No comments: