Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

drawing

So I have a week left. LA Term is drawing to a close. I haven't written in over a week, but I feel I don't have much to say. I've pretty much turned off. Although I did escape this weekend to APU to hang out for a day.5. (That reads a day point five. I just made it up. hehe) But JP's talk at Company 122 on Sunday night was pretty humbling. He was using Isaiah 6, talking about how our righteousness to God is comparable to standing in front of him with "khaki pants" (in England, khaki is said like cokcy and it means poopy). And if that's as great as our greatness looks, imagine what our sin looks like. He said in the original translation it was closer to (I'm sorry for being graphic) menstruation blood. And as disgusting as we think used tampons are, that's how disgusting our attempts at righteousness are. Pretty sobering, right? That's just kind of stayed on my mind. I don't want to walk around any longer comparing myself to others and ignoring my mistakes. They are just as ugly.
In other news, our class went to see The Soloist on Friday. It was really good. Skid Row was a little amped up, Hollywood style, but it portrayed the hell that really exists there, even with the exaggeration. At first I was so confused by the last line of the movie, which was, "There are 90,000 homeless people in the greater Los Angeles area." It said nothing after that, and I didn't know what to do with that information. But I realized afterwards that it was almost as if the lack of words after that was asking, "What are you going to do about it?" It didn't tell you to go do anything. That's for us to decide. Interesting, huh? But I would definitely reccommend seeing it. Good movie. :)
So, I have 3 class sessions, 1 day at my internship, a day retreat, and a host family banquet. Not to mention a 10 page paper. And then I'm done. I cannot say how excited I am for this to be over. It's not that I haven't had a great experience or that I haven't had fun while I've been here, I just miss my church family at Grace a lot. A lot, a lot. So I'm ready to be plugged in again.
Okie doke. I'm off!
Trace

No comments: