Translate

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Carta

When I said my goodbyes at Maranata, Carla, one of the newer entries, gave me a letter. I will translate for you:

TRACY-

God put you in my life and you brought me his word. I thank you with all my heart for doing this and thanks to you, today I know how to read the Bible and ever time I read the Bible, I going to think of you. Of your sweetness and of your beautiful way of being.
I love you so much and God is going to bless you all your life for the help you offer from the heart.
Perhaps I will not see you again, but for our goodbye, it is an "hasta siempre" (until forever) because God in his kingdom will return to us and bring us together and you can sing to me again like you did in this time.
May God grant that you form a family and are very happy,
I love you so much!
Carla.



And this is a girl who entered Maranata towards the beginning of August, so I've only known her a few weeks. 


Today I went to the only Christian bookstore in Rosario and bought the women a Bible to share, with study notes at the bottom to help them understand more. Also, I picked up a couple copies of Battlefield of the Mind, by Joyce Meyer, except in Spanish. I only thought of that part this morning because Martin showed me his copy. I figured it might help them to read through it together. I certainly hope so. 



Now that I've gotten a goodbye gift for them, I need to think of one for my family, who has been more than gracious to have me in their home for so long. I've been trying to think of something, but it all just escapes me. I can't think of anything they need. All I can think of is to take them out to dinner. Any ideas?

Keep praying on those toba interviews, time is running out..

No comments: