Translate

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gripe.

I haven't written anything super informative in a while. The truth is, I'm just ready to go home. I have 19 days left until i board the plane to go home. I'm starting to check out. And this week did not help that one bit. I was sick with (and am still getting over) the flu (gripe in Spanish) since Monday. I've been pretty miserable. I haven't had to deal with the flu in years, so there's that, and I'm in a foreign country, where I don't have my usual comforts. Not exactly my idea of a good time. Not only that, but I missed two days of my internship because of it. Now I have to figure out if I need to make them up somehow (I've been doing a horrible job of keeping track).

In other news, I'll be going to the barrio toba on Monday. If you'd like, you can keep praying for that research project and the interviews I'll be doing. I've finished reading one of my books, so that's nice, but I still have another. And I have a feeling that the third will never get translated because my assistant is kind of an airhead. So I'll most likely be needing to read that, too. I have a looot of work to do. And I need to be done with research by the end of next week so that I can start pulling everything together. The bad part is, at the moment I don't feel like doing anything. My body is still pretty weak and I have a huge headache.

Also, I need to make it to migrations asap. I need to get an extension on my visa so that I don't get in huge trouble for staying past the 90 days permitted to tourists (I'm here for 98 days). Hopefully, I can do that Tuesday morning. And hopefully there won't be a ginormous line of sorts. That would not make me happy.


Okay. My head hurts. Keep praying, folks. I appreciate you.

No comments: