Translate

Thursday, August 19, 2010

se.ven.days.

7 days. That's all that remains. Oh yea, and sorry about not updating soon after the last post. I admit it was pretty depressing.

All is well. I finished up at Maranata and said my goodbyes to the women. Most of us cried. One girl I kind of taught how to read the Bible, and she told me that every time she touches a Bible, she's going to remember me. Another said that I am a person of peace and sweetness and then when I am at Maranata, everything is so calm and my nature rubs off on people. They each took turns saying something to me. I wrote them all letters. And then I left. Except I have to go back Monday to get my paperwork signed because my supervisor left early yesterday for a trip and won't be back til Monday. But I didn't tell them that. I just figured I'd let it be.

I have yet to go to the barrio toba again. Time is running short. But I'm not anxious. I know somehow it'll all get done. Even the translation of the book I'm waiting on.

I found out two days ago that no one would be waiting for me in the airport to take me home. I would have to take the bus 2 hours from the airport to Bakersfield. After a 19 hour trip already. I cried a bit. So much for love, right? BUT yesterday my wonderful friend Alicia told me she'd pick me up and take me home. I am SO grateful for her. I told my mom this, she said that she was going to try to catch a ride with a friend and surprise me. It was a wonderful idea, but that wouldn't have worked out so well, because none of my friends were going to be there! Haha. Oh, my life. But I'm so very excited to go home soon. Today we were taking pictures at Maranata, and in each photo, I realized just how round my face has gotten, and I am not pleased. I know I'll lose a lot of weight going back home, just because I won't be eating as much bread and red meat, but still. Ugh. I'm not a fan of tight pants and round faces. :/

But have I said I'm excited to go home? Because I am. Very.

I'm also very sure I'll miss it here. I learned to live a different kind of life. One with more simplicity and without all the luxuries that I had believed to be necessities. Granted, I will probably get home and do everything that I wouldn't normally do, just to try and jump in to life back at home. For example, I really want a massage. I've only received one professional massage in my life, but I really want one when I get home. That's really the only thing, but still. It's there.

I realized today that I've changed a lot. Just how I've changed, I don't yet know, but I know I have. Do you ever feel that way? I'm sure I'll either figure it out as I keep living or people will help me by telling me, but either way, realization will come.


I appreciate every prayer, really. In this moment I feel an incredible peace. I know everything will get done and turn out okay because God is good. And that never changes.

No comments: