Translate

Monday, August 2, 2010

filosofía de maranata

Each house (the men's and the women's) reads this together every morning. The last shout is enough to send chills down your spine:

Estoy aquí porque no hay un lugar donde esconderme de mi mismo.
Hasta que no me confronte en los ojos y corazón de los demás estaré escapando.
Hasta que comparta mis secretos-- éstos no me darán descanso, temerosa de ser conocido-- no podré conocerme a mi mismo ni a los demás. Estaré sóla.
Donde sino en los puntos comunes podré encontrar un espejo aquí juntos por fin puedo verme claramente.
No como gigante de mis sueños, ni el enano de mis miedos.
Sino como una mujer, parte de un todo, con una contribución para ofrecer.
Sobre este terreno puedo echar raíces y crecer
no más sola como en la muerte, sino vivo
para Dios,
para mi mismo,
y para los demás.

FUERZA!



I am here because there isn't a place I can hide from myself.
Until I confront myself in the eyes and heart of the rest, I will be escaping.
Until I share my secrets-- these do not give me rest, I am afraid of being known-- I will not know myself or others. I will be alone.
But in the common points here together, I can find a mirror to finally see myself clearly.
Not like the giant of my dreams or the dwarf of my fears.
But as a woman, part of a whole, with a contribution to offer.
On this earth I can take root and grow.
No longer alone in death, but I live
for God,
for myself,
and for the rest.

STRENGTH!

No comments: